Snakes Custom Guitar Hero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Snakes Custom Guitar Hero

This is my forum about Custom Guitar Hero On PC

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid

Go down 
+40
Bajaroms
uksix
gamegeek1313
CountDraclau
concon92
mojojojoe
doat89
arzual
Dope
a1chrisp
aimftw
chadomazo30
xbillax
jonoman139
fuckshit
khairuzzaman
Headbanger92
arielleandroferminnunez94
willsi100
Hairy Ballz
aiphares
Fresha
redead35
killer3231
Braastad
Marcus56173
bull.04
JMC2008
tylerwoudstra1
TujAuS
Orb
zekeddd
alien2275
DPooch
Troy896
JayGar
Litmus
rqm
astefanin
Snake
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Snake
Starting Small
Starting Small

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Empty
PostSubject: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:29 am

For first, i have uploaded an video tutorial

Here is the most stable, v0.20 of songlist editor: You find it Here

It include all you need, lame, mp3info etc.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the picture tutorial of how to add custom songs to Guitar Hero 3 PC!

I used songlist editor 0.30 to this. You can find it Here

1. Start thprogram and press "File -> Open"

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Zv7sdu

2. Locate your Guitar Hero 3 DATA folder. Most peoples has it in "C:\Program Files\Aspyr\Guitar Hero 3\" And press Ok.

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid 1zqwnqd

3. Now you can see all the songs you have added to your game before. Now you need to add a song. Press on the button "Insert New Song"

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid 2mms6xk

4. Now you get a new popup window there you can select a few things. Start with "Song Name" I will take "finalcountdown" because i add The Final Countdown of
Europe. Then you need to add the audio. Press browse on the guitar track and locate your .mp3 or .ogg file with the audio of the song. Do the same with Rhythm track
and Song track. In volume i take Guitar -> 100%, Rhythm -> 95% and Song 90% (Recommended). Then select a good preview position of the song. Take the chorus lol, it's best. Now you need the tones. Press browse beside Midi file and locate your .mid file.
In song title you take your song name my is The Final Countdown. Then the artist, my is Europe. Then the year of the song, i didn't had a clue of when it was made... I typed 1988. Now press ok.

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid 2znuazn

And it should look like this

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid 33yi1lge

5. Now you can see the progress in the cmd.

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Wrkshh

6. When it's done it should look like this

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid 264nera

7. Now you get back to the main window. Now you must add the song to your setlist! Press on the button "Edit Setlists"

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Zlf7lg

8. Now you get a new popup. You only need for first to add a new tier for the song. I had 12, i add one and get up to 13.

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid X2w1p1

9. Go to song number and press on the white small window. Now you get a new small window there you can see your songs on the tier. Select "slowride" (always in the bottom when you add a new tier) and press on it.

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid 30k7twl

10. Now go down to song and press on the small window. Here you get a little while small window again but here you need to select the song you added. Maybe you remember i added my as "finalcountdown", that name you need to add (your name you took to your songs). And then press on the song. You can do the same with your quickplay list. Just go up to setlist and press on the white window and press on "gh3_general_songs". Then press Ok.

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Vyvekx

11. Now press "File -> Save"

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid 1zbx5a8

12. It asks about you want to overwrite important data, press Ok

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid 2v91xr8

13. And when the saving is done it should look like this

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Np2nm1

You can see it's when the last song with the highest letter is writen in the cmd.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First download Leffs .chart to .mid converter. You find it Here

1. For start. Start the Chart2Mid.jar program. It can take some seconds to start.

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid 11jm82f

2. When the program is started press the button browse.

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid 97si9x

3. Locate your .chart file and double click on it.

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Ri850g

4. Be sure the green dot are in Guitar Hero and then press convert.

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Xcnqti

5. When you get a message your conversion is done it's done. The .mid file is locate there your .chart file is.

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Wwmeqp

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If it's anything you dont understand or need a guide ask me on this topic!

- Snake

Last edited by Snake on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:17 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
astefanin

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 3:24 am

Thanks man cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by on Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rqm

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 9:30 am

I have the songs I want to add in .mp3 format, but I don't have the .chart file. What is it or how do I get it??

Thanks for your help!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snake
Starting Small
Starting Small

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:10 pm

You find them on Scorehero You MUST register to get acces to the custom songs forum.
Back to top Go down
Litmus

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:51 pm

Hello,

Just a quick question but where are you supposed to get the guitar/rhythem tracks from? or do you just always use the same track for all?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
JayGar

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:15 pm

Can I make a brand new "Custom" section in the set list and store all Custom Songs in there. So none of the original GH3 songs get deleted.
Back to top Go down
Troy896

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:32 am

oh i have tons of questions which will answere other peoples.
1. where do i get the guitar/rythm track for a song
2. How do i make a custom section to put the songs in like right after lous inferno
3. how do you import the chart into the music.
4. does that program already convert the stuff to .xen and all that?
5. where do i get the midi of a song?
yes that is all for now.
Back to top Go down
DPooch

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:49 pm

When Im done making a song it keeps saying something about failing and fsbencrypt
and the one window says failed to open the output file
Back to top Go down
alien2275

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:55 am

:/ after using this once i went back in to try and edit a song because it wasent working and all im getting now is a crc error :/ other than reinstalling gh is there any other fix?
Back to top Go down
zekeddd

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:16 pm

umm i try to down the song editor but it didn't look like yours
Back to top Go down
zekeddd

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 3:40 pm

Ok i download the song editor but NOW I CANT FIND THE DATA FILE.. i have guitar hero 3 . in the computer it's GH3C(E:)
Back to top Go down
Orb

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 6:51 am

Hi

first excuse my lvl in english :/

second : i would like to know how you create your midi file, which software you used, or where you find midi file?

anyway, thx for this tuto Smile cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
TujAuS

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:32 am

Hey all. I just want to aks few questions coz when i did everything like in that guide song just didnt came to songlist in GH.

mp3. and chart. files have to be in GH folder?

Where u get those files in SONG and MUSIC folders?

You take song, rhythm and guitar tracks from same mp3 file?

Thanks for answers allready. Well thats all folks.
Back to top Go down
tylerwoudstra1

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:55 am

Troy896 wrote:
oh i have tons of questions which will answere other peoples.
1. where do i get the guitar/rythm track for a song
2. How do i make a custom section to put the songs in like right after lous inferno
3. how do you import the chart into the music.
4. does that program already convert the stuff to .xen and all that?
5. where do i get the midi of a song?
yes that is all for now.

1.Use the same track for all
2. Put the number of the songs in edit setlist up
3. Leffs Charttomid converter. you can only import mids
4. Yes it does
5. Scorehero.com then register and you will see a custom songs tab at the top. There are about 6000 charts there as of now but you dont want to dl a midi file they screw up. DL a chart then use leffs charttomid converter.
Back to top Go down
JMC2008

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:08 pm

HI there!

I got a Problem! I addet a song but it dosent work! i made it allthing right! I think!^^

I dont Know where the Problem is!

I hope u can help me!
Back to top Go down
bull.04

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 7:08 pm

I downloaded the editor but it keeps saying a certain .dll is not found. Ive downloaded 17 times and it comes up with the same message
Back to top Go down
Marcus56173

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 5:36 am

I have this problem that i cant open the chart2mid file please tell me what to do.
Back to top Go down
Braastad

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi, and thanks for a good tut.

But something happened when I tried this.
The first time I tried, things worked just as it should. (I'm talking abt the Songlist Editor now..) But the second time.. When I tried this again with a new song, I got a popup message: "Unhandled exception! See command window for details". (I've tried several times, but I still get the same message)

Then I gave up to insert that second song, so I opened GH to try the first song. But when it started, I got a message. It was something abt that the files were broken and a question if I should delete all the files (I think), or just "Cancel". I clicked "Cancel".
Then I went to Quickplay, but when I got there, all the highscores and everything I've done on GH was reset! The whole game is now reset! Crying or Very sad
What can I do?
I'm not a good player, but..now I have to do all this again.
Please answer.

Sorry if my english isn't that good.
Back to top Go down
killer3231

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:26 pm

i cant use the songlist editor for some reason :/
it says cannot find MSVCP71.dll ...... any help?
Back to top Go down
killer3231

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:57 pm

bull.04 wrote:
I downloaded the editor but it keeps saying a certain .dll is not found. Ive downloaded 17 times and it comes up with the same message
k thank god someone else has the same problem as me.. u figured that out yet... do u have vista cause maybe its gay vista
Back to top Go down
redead35

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 5:58 pm

this works for ps2 right?????? confused

if it does i hope it wont crash on me affraid
Back to top Go down
Fresha

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 4:55 pm

Hi!
for all who has the problem with the MSVCP71.DLL paste this in the folder of sonlist editor http://www.mediafire.com/?uecyynjxxne
Back to top Go down
aiphares

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 5:31 pm

yep, same here. i did all the way you described, but the song is not listened in GH :/
Back to top Go down
Hairy Ballz

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:46 pm

Yesterday, I was using Songlist Editor, and it said Unexcepted change or something and crashed. I restarted it and this showed up

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid 333g0fo

So I deleted the files for songlist editor and reinstalled it, and now it works..but now GH3 Won't start up.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Gh3. The outcome was Lost my all the songs i uploaded and it didnt fix anything...
Back to top Go down
willsi100

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi,

I have installed and used songlist editor just as the tutorial said...

with the name titles the guitar.ogg... rhythm.ogg... song.ogg... and the midi thing. then put them in the setlist and all that...

i download these songs for use in frets on fire and it contains all songs from GH1, Gh2, GH ENCORE, and GH3.

I already had the midi file and I don't have a chart file to convert so i left the "Chart2Midi" bit out of the whole process.

I load up the game and can't find any of the songs on the game.

Im not experienced at this at all so it could just be a simple mistake, but wondered if one of you kind people could point me in the right direction as I have some beasty songs that i want to rock out too!

Thanks Smile

p.s. If i can get these songs up and running on my GH3 I will donate 5 US Dollars...

Just because if I can add songs to this game I believe it is worth money to do so Smile

Last edited by willsi100 on Fri May 02, 2008 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid   How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to add Custom Song to GH3 PC Tutorial w/Video Tut and Picture Tut. w/How to conver chart2mid
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next